Seth Scott™ – elxr Track3 v2 3 played to rave reviews at the March 2019 Experimental Film Festival in Toronto.
Matthew Toffolo: What motivated you to make this film?
Greedy Goons: The music video is part of a whole a/v product that was created from Seth Scott TM’s music. It’s a visual analysis of technologies, contemporary and old, and how they appear as they provide us uncanny control. It explores the aesthetics of performance capture, and the rapidly evolving representation of our digital avatars. The physical product of this EP contained a pill-shaped USB drive and a DIY new-age self-help psuedo-science pamphlet.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
From treatment to production, this took 1 month. The post work took a further 2 months on and off to complete.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
The post work took the longest. Tracking and decoding some of these shots took quite a while, especially deciding which animjois to include
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
It was surprising to me that the audience seemed just as bemused by the video as people back home. I was also very surprised that through the dense visual language, they picked up on the exact same themes that we intentionally laced the video with.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. How did you come up with the idea for this short film?
It’s all content, and on-line, who can be sure of the author? Can we show the most elaborate way of generating a //https user, whilst including live performance footage of a futuristic wooden midi-sequencer touch panel?
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Drive or The Matrix or The Land Before Time
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
I think this is a fantastic website. As flippant or as sincere as each reaction may be, it’s certainly a positive thing to disseminate low budget videos such as this.
9. What song have you listened to the most times in your life?
Daft Punk- Something About Us or Crystal Castles- Doe Deer
10. What is next for you? A new film?