Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Danica Edelbrock: Shadow Dance is about a young woman finding her way in a fast city. She slows down to enjoy the subtle beauty of nature around her, transforming her life moving forward.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Shadow Dance is a drama.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
I believe after college many young adults struggle to find what it is they are truly passionate about, who they are and may lack the confidence to pursue their passion. They find themselves drinking and partying to fill the void until something captivates and inspires them! In this film Jules experiences nature’s beauty while being reminded of the family and friends that love and support her. She doesn’t want to waste anymore of the precious time in her life.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Almost Famous by Cameron Crowe
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
I had the idea for this screenplay a few months ago and began to write it last month.
7. How many stories have you written?
I have worked in healthcare for the last 20 years so this is my first creative writing piece. I am now working on a sitcom and have written 5 episodes so far!
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Pictures of You by The Cure
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
The biggest obstacle was overcoming my fear of writing. I never thought of myself as writer so actually putting my thoughts down to share with others was very intimidating. I first had my daughter read it and then my husband. He is an incredible writer; my biggest fan and critic. He doesn’t sugar coat anything. So far he likes all my work!
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
I am passionate about my career as an exercise physiologist! I have been blessed to work with incredible people over the years, guiding them toward health and a better quality of life through exercise and yoga.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
It was very easy to use.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I wrote the script and then had no idea what to do so I decided to enter it into some contests and festivals. I choose this festival because I liked the idea of getting feedback. It’s difficult for me to receive feedback but I am getting better at it as I get older, more mature and confident.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
A young woman finds herself through the simplistic, natural beauty around her.
Narrator: Allison Kampf