ME & CINDERELLA was the winner of BEST SHORT SCRIPT at the Horror Screenplay Festival.
Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Jason Boaden: Me & Cinderella follows Cinderella, after the murder of her prince and her escape from the enchanted kingdom. Now living in the present day, she is tracked down by her wicked stepmother and stepsisters, and is forced to confront the tragedy.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
I’m not sure this screen short needs a live action interpretation; I think it works better as a read.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
2 weeks approx.
7. How many stories have you written?
18 shorts approx. and 2 features.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Not an obstacle; this story began as a dark comedy with a stronger comedic ending, then became more dramatic as Cinderella’s motivation for leaving the enchanted kingdom developed.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
No complaints; it’s a convenient platform.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
Fine. I weigh all feedback against my own feeling on the finished script. If I acheived what I set out to do, then feedback – beyond formatting and gramatical issues – doesn’t factor in.
Watch the Short Screenplay Reading:
Genre: Horror, Fantasy
Cinderella is living a post-fairytale life in the present day, when she is discovered by her evil stepmother and drawn into battle for the throne.
Amy: Lauren Kristina Maykut
Villager #2: Jarrod Terrell
Queen: Meghan Allen
Narrator: Matt Barnes
Cinderella: Kyra Weichert
Matt: Rob Notman
Bull: Allan Michael Brunet
Interviewer Matthew Toffolo is currently the CEO of the WILDsound FEEDBACK Film & Writing Festival. The festival that showcases 20-50 screenplay and story readings performed by professional actors every single month. And the FEEDBACK Monthly Festival held in downtown Toronto, and Los Angeles at least 3 times a month. Go to http://www.wildsoundfestival.com for more information and to submit your work to the festival.
Reblogged this on WILDsound Writing and Film Festival Review.
Reblogged this on .