1. What is your novel about?
‘First Contact’ is about humanities first encounter with an alien race. Their fleet does not come to Earth to conquer or enslave, but they do have an agenda, one which will be met. During the story, unexpected friendships, trust, and respect, develop between the two races. This story also sets the foundation for the series by introduction many of key characters.
2. What genres would you say this story is in?
Science Fiction Adventure Series
3. How would you describe this story in two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
5. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
6. Do you have an all-time favorite novel?
Wind in the Willows
7. What motivated you to write this story?
Time! I have always dreamed of writing, and started many stories, but then I let life get in the way of completing them. It was in 2010 I realized I have fewer days ahead than behind. Thus, I changed my lifestyle, giving writing a real priority, and since then have not looked back.
8. If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would that be?
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Motorbike riding. I have ridden across the country, been south to Florida, along with many rides in my home state of Michigan.
10. What influenced you to enter your story to get performed?
To become better, a writer must write, and then get their efforts in front of as many people as possible. The narration is a way for new audiences to discover my work, and to hopefully leave feedback, from which I can learn.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Create a quiet space, and allocate time for writing. The fewer distractions a writer has, the more productive they will be. This may require a lifestyle change, as it did for me.
Narrator: Matt Barnes
Watch the Performance Reading:
Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Director: Kierston Drier
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: Kimberly Villarruel
Camera Op: Mary Cox