1. What is your screenplay about?
What happens when a nuclear exchange has occurred, but you live in a rural setting away from the explosion sites? You are alive, but the nuclear fallout is coming. How far does your humanity go past the bonds of family and survival? Our survivors, their friends, and family must bond quickly. They must work together to protect each other, and keep what little they have from those that would take it.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Action/Adventure, Dystopian, Science Fiction
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
Absolutely relevant to today’s tumultuous political climate.
There is not an adult in this country that hasn’t wondered, “What should I do? What would I do? How would I react?”
This screen play is a depiction of how the different levels of empathy and human nature would most likely reveal themselves.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
I was going to say, ‘Scary Poop’, but I’ll settle for ‘Thrilling Adventure’.
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Terminator, Tears of the Sun, Battle LA
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
It’s based on a novel I wrote last year.
Actual time adapting it to screenplay format was maybe three months.
It’s going through rewrites constantly.
7. How many stories have you written?
7 novels, 1 screenplay
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Shelter from the Storm – Bob Dylan
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Trying to have the screenplay ending somehow come out and connect with the same ending as the novel, because I like it so well.
A subsequent rewrite will most likely change it.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Falconry – I’m a permitted master falconer.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
Excellent experience. Never a problem with submissions. Love the ability to receive notifications for contests, and the immediate confirmation once a contest has been entered.
Genre: Sci-Fi, Thriller/Action/Adventure
Survivors in the high desert of New Mexico are far from the blast zone of a nuclear exchange, however they must get to shelter before the winds bring radioactive fallout onto their rural lives. Family, friends, and total strangers must bond quickly and take care of each other if any are to survive. The humanity in each will be tested as the radioactive fallout arrives.