1. What is your screenplay about?
I took my experience as a merchant sailor being promoted to bosun from able seaman , added a touch of the Fukushima disaster in Japan and came up with a runaway ship destined for San Francisco.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
My experience at sea, showcases shipboard life which I think most would enjoy; especially with the ever present clock ticking of impending doom provides an entertainment adventure of Michael Bay proportions.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
Hollywood Screenwriting Competition, spring 2018 just gave Runaway Ship the Grand Prize award and in a word, said it was ‘brilliant.”
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
No contest- Jaws.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
Actual writing, about one year.
7. How many stories have you written?
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
That’s a tough one, there’s a million of them; but i will say “Wonder Why” by Dion and the Belmonts- bet you never heard of them:)
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Just the process of getting the yarn from my head to the keys in a clear, understandable entertaining fashion.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
I’m still a nut for the water and anything to do with ships, boats, beaches….
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
FilmFreeway has been great and whenever I am in a jam, I get a fast reply.
Genre: Horror, Thriller, Action/Adventure
After a zombie outbreak, a ship’s crew must fight for
survival as the ship heads full speed towards the Golden Gate Bridge.