1. What is your screenplay about? Initially set in Asia, the story is about a hijacked commercial airliner where the crew delibertaly kill all the passengers and land the plane in North Korea. Justin Bowers, a former US fighter pilot boards a flight from Indonesia and has sex in the crew quarters with his flight attendant girlfriend Nara, a South Korean. The pilot, Jack, talks to his co pilots about their cargo and takes the plane up to an extreme height causing the cabin pressure to decrease and the emergency oxygen masks drop. They keep the plane at that altitude until the cabin oxygen runs out, killing their passengers. In the crew quarters Justin and Nara use a separate oxygen supply for the crew until the plane descends to below 8000 feet. The pilots are Islamic terrorists and land the plane in North Korea, where rebel Korean officers greet them. A female officer counts the dead passengers and Justin garrotes her in the crew area, Nara dresses in her uniform and takes her place. Chungwi Kahng sends a soldier to do a head count of the dead. Justin kills him and takes his place too.They escape from the plane and hide in the hanger and watch a group of soldiers remove the dead bodies from the plane to trucks. Kashani, an Iranian terrorist funder congratulates Jack, also known as Amir Mokri and tells him payment will be made. He pays Kahng to dispose of the bodies and ensures he repaints the plane correctly. Justin snaps some pictures and turns off his phone. Kashani gives Jack the destination coordinates and leaves. Justin and Nara go through the passengers’ luggage and find a burqa an white robes and headgear, Justin changes and stuffs the Korean uniform in his backpack whilst Nara packs the burqa. Nara lies to a soldier demanding to be taken to the burial site, they are free to talk because the drive doesn’t understand English.Nara finds out where they are and knows it’s a long way from the Yohan area where she has relatives. Justin takes a video of the burial site. Nara demands that the driver takes them to Yohan, the driver objects but is scared of Chungwi Kahng and believes that Nara works as his next in command, so he is forced to comply. Almost there, they get the driver to pull over and Justin kills the driver, hiding the Jeep in the bushes. They walk to Nara’s aunt and uncle’s home. They stay the night and then head to a deserted road, where North Korean pilots use to play games with the South Koreans flying up and down the DMZ. Dressed and using the guise of Middle Eastern Arabs they pretend to want an aerial tour and have a letter from Chungwi Kahng demanding cooperation. Justin knocks out the pilot and crashes the plane into Gyodong Island in South Korea. South Korean soldiers take them to American and South Korean officers, where they tell their story and show them the photos. The American Major tells them they are no longer needed; a CIA agent has them sign a gagging document and sends them to a hotel with some cash. Justin realizes they’re being watched at the hotel and has the concierge get him a laptop with some of the cash. They look up the destination coordinates and find they are for Kuala Lumpur. They act normally and go out for dinner where with amazing gusto masked assailants kidnap them. When they come round they’re in a private jet with the CIA guy, Jacob and three Mossad agents. Jacob had them taken away from the US military and South Koreans, time is of the essence as there’s chatter that the plane is going to be turned into a flying bomb. Justin and Nara tell the CIA most of what they know, Justin holds back that the plane has been repainted until Nara convinces him. They all go to Kuala Lumpur to wait for the plane. Justin and Nara identify Jack as the pilot, and a Mossad female agent Tamar sets him up to get information. They pretend to have an authorization code for Tel Aviv and make sure Jack has the information. The flying bomb leaves and Justin and the agents kidnap Jack, they tell him the code was fake, the plane will be intercepted. Jacob tells Jack he will be dealt with in Israel, but the Mossad agents have other ideas, they say it’s their jurisdiction and toss Jack out of the plane into the ocean.They find Kashani in New York and blackmail him for $20 million, to compensate the passengers’ families. They trick him into going with them, telling him it’s to avoid the CIA, but they’re taking him to a secluded spot in the woods. Justin threatens to bury him alive, like some of the passengers might have been. Rather than be buried alive, he agrees to go to Israel with them and stand trial. Nara and Justin find a way to assist a wounded Mossad agent without being implicated and finally get home to finish off the lovemaking that had started on the plane.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under? Action/Adventure (Drama, Terrorism and Foreign Agents)
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie? Because it is timely and this could happen. (Think the disappearance of Air Malaysia a few years ago, never found) The story is packed with action and intrigue and would certainly make a great movie with an abundant of amazing parts for great actors.
4. How would you describe this script in two words? Action/Adventure.
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life? Die Hard.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay? Three months and one month’s research particularly with pilots of 777s as to how the passengers could be wiped out and an aircraft can be hidden in the sky.
7. How many stories have you written? Ten Screenplays and three novels.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?) Dark side of the Moon.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay? None really as long as I got the disappearance of the aircraft factual and accurate, which I did.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about? Movie Making.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site? Excellent.
Justin, a former fighter pilot boards a flight from Indonesia and has sex in the crew quarters with his flight attendant girlfriend Nara. The pilot, Jack, talks to his co pilots about their cargo and takes the plane up to an extreme height causing the cabin pressure to decrease and the emergency oxygen masks drop.