NEW YEARS EVE DINNER played to rave reviews at the July 2020 Female Directors Festival.
What motivated you to make this film?
Humans always kill animals for celebrations in customs without considering what they think and feel. However, humans can’t always be the host of the world, let’s imagine what if our roles swapped and the animals could use the same way to treat with humans?
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
This is the idea that I always want to film, in fact we took place in an old furniture shop where was about to dismantle, it could only offer us one day to film and we made it 27 hours finally.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
Reflect and be conscious
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Time is very limited that I was worried I couldn’t complete the filming
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was touched
6. How did you come up with the idea for this short film?
I think the attitudes of humans to treat with the animals are really terrible
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
The legend of 1900
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
9. What song have you listened to the most times in your life?