Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Andrew Moodie: An African-Canadian defense attorney has to defend a white female officer for killing a black youth.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
This will be the first Canadian film that deals with racial injustice in Canada.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
It’s a Wonderful Life
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
7. How many stories have you written?
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Muzzle – Smashing Pumkins
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
What I’d like to do is get some actors together and go through each of the moments, one by one, so that we really explore each of the character’s motivations.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
11. You entered your screenplay via Coverfly. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
Awesome! I highly recommend
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
At some point you really need to hand your script over to someone who doesn’t know you. They’re not your friend (or enemy), someone who works in the industry and can give you feedback. Whether you use it or not, it’s important to hear critique and listen and consider it fully and ask yourself the hard questions so you can find the hard answers.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
An African-Canadian Crown attorney has to defend a white police officer who has killed a black youth.
Narrator: Allison Kampf
Elsie (F): Kyana Teresa
Thomas (M): Scott Beaudin