Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Edward Hicklin: Tommy was never taught how to wipe his butt properly, and was therefore teased for most of his childhood and beyond. After a particularly heinous prank takes his life, Tommy vows supernatural revenge against the summer camp that played host to his early demise.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
Because it is genuinely funny one of the more original comedy spec screenplays out there. Also, it has a character named ‘Wet Butt.’
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
The Return of the Jedi
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
It took me four months to write and I have been fiddling with it for two years since.
7. How many stories have you written?
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
‘A Day in the Life’ by the Beatles.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
None that I remember
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
All things art
11. You entered your screenplay via Coverfly. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I don’t remember why I entered, but the feedback was first rate.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
Tommy was never taught how to wipe his butt properly, and was therefore teased for most of his childhood and beyond. After a particularly heinous prank takes his life, Tommy vows supernatural revenge against the summer camp that played host to his early demise.
Narrator: Allison Kampf
Tommy (M): Steve Rizzo
Kid #1/Random Kid/Random Kid #2 (F): Kyana Teresa
Henry (M): Scott Beaudin