Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Michael Zielinksi: A successful playwright and fashion designer attempt a romantic relationship while trying to keep their workaholic lifestyles intact.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
It’s funny and puts a twist on the formulaic romcom. A lot of comedies and romantic comedies rely on the trope of 20- and 30-year-olds being aimless and spending most of their time dating anyone and everyone around them. This story flips those tropes on their heads and instead focuses on what it takes for two very successful people in their 40s to find the time for love.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
7. How many stories have you written?
Two unproduced (as of yet) screenplays, two published novels and had two full-length plays and six one-act plays produced by the Manhattan Repertory Theatre in New York City. Hopefully I will have another full-length play and another one-act play produced at Manhattan Rep in 2020.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Whiter Shade of Pale by Procol Harum
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Making it more visual than my playscripts. Writing for the screen is different than writing for the stage or the written page.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Working out and watching sports
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
Excellent way to market my screenplays and hopefully interest a producer or film exec.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
T o get exposure for my screenplay and for the feedback. I liked the feedback.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
Rob and Lacey, two workaholics who love their work more than anybody or anything else, are set up by a mutual friend, Valerie. Rob is a famous Broadway comedy playwright and Lacey is an influential fashion designer with her own brand. They hit it off on instantly, with the condition that their priority will be their work and will see each other only when they have free time.
Lacy (40s) – Krista Barzso
NARRATION – Rebecca MacDonald
Rob (40s) – Neil Bennett
Valerie (50s) – Tracy Rowland