Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Raphael Ben Jacob & Scot J. Mathisson: It is a true story of survival of the Holocaust – A story where love
triumphs over unspeakable evil.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
The worldwide rise of Anti-Semitism and Holocaust Denial must be countered
with the truth. Too many young people know nothing about the Holocaust, or
believe the naysayers who say it is all a Zionist plot.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
7. How many stories have you written?
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most
times in your life?)
Since I Fell For You by Bonnie Raitt
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Finding Joseph’s voice.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your
experiences working with the submission platform site?
Everything was easy and clear to understand.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings
on the initial feedback you received?
I was glad that someone took the time to really read the subtext in the
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
Narrator – 1 – Krista Barzso
Mueller – 22 – Neil Bennett
NARRATION – Tracy Rowland
Janek – 16 – David Jackson
Joseph – 19 – Marcus Bernacci