Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Jennifer Grubbs: HR is a story of a young mans journery through extreme circumstances to refine and connect all aspects of himself and in doing so finding freedom from the inside out.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
It’s entertainment with many powerful messages relivent to society today and future.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
It’s been three years since the start of my first screen writing class. That’s when I started really writing HR and haven’t stoped making improvements yet.
7. How many stories have you written?
This is the first story I ever wrote.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your
While writing HR I was in a country phase. Mama’s Broken Heart by Miranda Lambert was my most listened to track.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Fear was my obstacle. I’m dyslexic and school was a horrific mess. I barely graduated high school and didnt go to collage. The desire to tell the story HR propelled me to go up against the demons of my childhood. It was painful and healing in ways I couldn’t have imagined.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
I am passionate about life, people, science, history, friendships, line dancing, live music, and storytelling.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
FilmFreeway has been an instrumental part of my journey into the film industry. My unknown voice wouldn’t have gotten out of Bristol, WI without it.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I entered the 1st Scene Festival because it was free. I was so shocked when I was contacted that I thought it was a mistake.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
The United Corporation of America is a place where humans are the most valuable resources and Bohem is ranked the #1 resource under 15. Will he maintain his ranking as he moves into his adult life or self-sabotage under the mind-altering truths that find him?
Yu-Jin (m 60s) – Neil Bennett
Bryan (40s) – David Jackson
NARRATION – Krista Barzso
Bohem (m teen) – Marcus Bernacci
Haven (f 40s) – Tracy Rowland
PA Voice – 2 – Rebecca MacDonald