Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Frank Friedlander: A Manson-Esque band of pleasure killers venture deep into uncharted territory. There, they run afoul of a pair of super soldiers thought to have died years ago; and they intend to keep it that way.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
-I would appeal to fans of multiple genres and could be done on a very low budget.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
-If I had to guess, I’d say Beetlejuice.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
-It seems like an eternity.
7. How many stories have you written?
-Are we talking about those in my head or just the ones that have made it to paper?
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
-The Rake’s Song by The Decemberist. Disturbingly dark yet brilliantly blithe.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
-The ability to leave well enough alone; meaning that even long after it was finished, it’s difficult to walk away from making minor tweaks, which can ultimately evolve into not so minor tweaks.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
-Refer to my email address;) – (Cubs fan!)
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
-Very well organized and easy to work with.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
-Reasonable entrance fee with an enticing description. As for the initial feedback, it was honest and helpful.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
Jeffrey: Aaron Maxwell Williams
Abigail: Kristen MacCulloch
Narrator: Carina Cojeen
Tammy: Camila Aguirre
Portia: Katelyn Varadi
Karaleigh: Melinda Jordan