Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Sam Tracton: A brother trying to keep his sister safe while his own head is weighed down with survivor’s guilt and both of them are wrapped up in a complex web of politics and magic.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Fantasy Action Adventure
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
It is an epic tale of fantasy and action while also delving into the characters’ own warped sense of family and responsibility.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Star Wars; Return of the Jedi
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
I have been working on this screenplay for three years now.
7. How many stories have you written?
One feature-length screenplay, two one-hour television pilot screenplays, and an animated series pilot screenplay, and a whole lot of fanfiction.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
I don’t really have a favorite song, but I’ve listened to ‘Heaven’s Light’ from Disney’s Hunchback of Notre Dame a lot.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Creating compelling drama in between the grand story beats that I originally crafted the story around.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Watching TV and anime.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
FilmFreeway has been really useful for me.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
Honestly, I was just putting my finished screenplay into every festival I could find that it qualified for. Though I found the feedback from this festival most helpful.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
After breaking a sacred law in an attempt to protect his sister from the monsters that killed their mother, Cedric Armor must master a mystical shield in order to stop a war from breaking out.
Narrator: Elizabeth Rose Morriss
Shala: Hartley O. Gyamfi
Kylar: Sheldon Graham