Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Devin Lofti; Well obviously you know the premise but my screenplay is really about unrequited love, which everyone can relate to but in this case the sometimes more hidden hardships of the LGBTQ+ community when falling for someone who does not share the same sexual orientation. Also themes of moving on and letting go without bitterness.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Comedy, Romantic Comedy
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
It’s time for the gay sidekick supporting act to be the leading man.
And it’s also sweet and lots of fun 🙂
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
Hot sh*t. haha just kidding — um : Hopelessly happy.
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Probably SCREAM (I also wrote a slasher before this, eek!)
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
In a way you are never really done working but concept/idea to
“finish” was a little over 2 years.
7. How many stories have you written?
As far as full length features go, I have written two.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the
most times in your life?)
How Will I Know by Whitney Houston which fits thematically with my script but also Work, B*tch! by Britney Spears because it makes me sit down, shut up
and WRITE. 😛
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
I had been doing through some personal and professional rough patches
so initially the decision to start was to get myself out of a rut and
create but I was still stunted by anxiety and depression. Eventually
though, seeing the work unfold as I kept pushing was uplifting and a
beautiful therapy in its own way.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Acting, reading, my amazing friends and family that I am blessed with,
my jobs, cocktails, running, my snobbish tv and film favorites, FOOD!
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your
experiences working with the submission platform site?
I was so glad to find that site and wish I knew about it sooner.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings
on the initial feedback you received?
The diversity theme was the right fit and I loved the feedback
because I knew that overall the reaction was positive but they still
managed to make points on ways I could improve the screenplay that
were not redundant to me after having spent endless hours editing!
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
After learning that his former best friend and lifelong crush, is engaged to a woman, a young gay man initiates a desperate plot for one last chance before anyone walks down the aisle.
Narration – DELPHINE ROUSSEL
Leo – 9 – THOMAS FOURNIER
Peter – 12 – LOGAN FORSYTH
Adult – 1 – STEVEN HOLMBERG