MAXWELL’S DEMON was the winner BEST FILM at the December 2018 Female FEEDBACK Film Festival.
Matthew Toffolo: What motivated you to make this film?
Kaue Nunes Melo: I read an article about a girl that suffered from hipersexuality that discovered that she was abused by her father when she was young, but suppressed that memory growing up. The article was about the long lasting effects of child molestation and was an interesting subject, as a lot of the people that was molested as child became sexual predators themselves. That was a spark for me. Tell a story about people making the same mistakes as their parents.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
about 6/7 months.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Money! The whole movie was self financed. In order to get good actors and a good crew i had to have a second job for 6 months to pay the short film.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was nervous that my original message could’t be transmitted properly. Turns out, a lot of people got it.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. How did you come up with the idea for this short film?
I answer that in the question 01
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Not one.. several. From the usual suspects: Tarantino, Spielberg, Scorcese, Coppola, Pta, Kubrick, Linch, Fincher, Coeh brothers, Wes Anderson, Nolan. etc
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
Is probably the best platform for submission. Is easy to use and very intuitive
9. What song have you listened to the most times in your life?
Not sure, I listen several song, depending on the mood. I like film scores when Im writing my short films.
10. What is next for you? A new film?
Yes. Working in a couple projects that i would love to produce in the upcoming year.