THE SNEEZE was the winner of BEST SHORT SCREENPLAY at the July 2018 Screenplay Festival.
Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Martin Reese: One guys failure to exercise proper etiquette when his cubicle mate sneezes leads to a case of demonic possession.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
Folks can relate to it. Especially those who work in an office and are forced to share a cubicle. And it’s funny.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
Funny and topical
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Jason and the Argonauts. I could watch that skeleton fight a million times.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
It took about a day to write.
7. How many stories have you written?
I’ve lost count.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Strawberry Letter 23 by the Brothers Johnson
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Really none. I just thought what if not saying bless you caused demonic possession. Then I wrote it.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
It’s been great.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival?
What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received? I read that it was a top notch festival. The feedback was great.
Genre: Horror, Fantasy
One man’s failure to exercise proper etiquette when someone sneezes leads to a case of demonic possession.
Interviewer Matthew Toffolo is currently the CEO of the WILDsound FEEDBACK Film & Writing Festival. The festival that showcases 20-50 screenplay and story readings performed by professional actors every single month. And the FEEDBACK Monthly Festival held in downtown Toronto, and Los Angeles at least 3 times a month. Go to http://www.wildsoundfestival.com for more information and to submit your work to the festival.