1) What is the theme of your poem?
The poem is about systemic racism in the United States.
2) What motivated you to write this poem?
People need to understand that people of color want to be successful but there hundreds of years of laws and policies that are in place that prohibits them from be successful. That’s what motivated me to write this. We want to pull ourselves by our own boot straps but we need the resources to have our own boots.
3) How long have you been writing poetry?
I’ve been writing for about three years.
4) If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would that be?
5) What influenced you to submit to have your poetry performed by a professional actor?
I just wanted to draw more attention to my blog and share my thoughts with the world.
6) Do you write other works? scripts? Short Stories? Etc..?
I write poems and devotional son my blog “Stephon’s Thoughts@ at http://www.stephoncvoid.com
7) What is your passion in life?
My passion for life is helping others and sharing the love of God throughout my daily living.
Watch the Poetry Reading: