1) What is the theme of your poem?
A woman admitting to herself that her relationship is abusive
2) What motivated you to write this poem?
An anecdote told me which I thought was instructive and had a twist
3) How long have you been writing poetry?
4) If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would that be?
5) What influenced you to submit to have your poetry performed by a professional actor?
A good offer coupled with enjoyment of much on YouTube
6) Do you write other works? scripts? Short Stories? Etc..?
7) What is your passion in life?
Writing complex things with clarity and economy
Performed by Allison Kampf
Suddenly she hadn’t the heart to quarrel.
‘He’s faithless and won’t change’
and with that thought was freed.
After he had gone out, she packed
and put her suitcase by the door.
A last look before leaving.
The rug chosen together in Istanbul,
chess set lovingly given him.
‘Three years and nothing.’
She walked towards the traffic and hailed a taxi,
in her raised hand the black queen.