THE BIG PICTURE played to rave reviews at the May 2020 Comedy Festival.
Matthew Toffolo: What motivated you to make this film?
Patrick Stagg: We wanted to make something funny that was short and to the point while trying to convey something I’m sure a lot of filmmakers can relate to.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
Surprisingly this is just the opening scene of a much longer film we made that unfortunately never got finished. But a year later we decided to release the contained clip on its own.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
The heat definitely. Gets pretty hot during Wisconsin summers.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
It was somewhat surreal. Like “wow somebody actually watched our stuff?”
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. How did you come up with the idea for this short film?
The actor portraying the kid walking was obviously untrained and would take direction really oddly while trying to “act natural.” So we made fun of him for it until the idea popped into my head one day to shoot it.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Probably M. Night Shama-lama-ding-dong’s 2002 movie Signs. Great film.
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
I think it makes it really easy for up and coming filmmakers to get the layout of how festivals work. It’s just awesome.
9. What song have you listened to the most times in your life?
Hmm. I think maybe Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin.
10. What is next for you? A new film?
Yes. We are currently in production for our new film PROBED. It is a sci-if romantic comedy that should release later this year! You’ll be able to find it at Waterhousefilms on YouTube.
Reblogged this on WILDsound Festival.