UNLEASHED played to rave reviews at the WILDsound Comedy Festival in May 2020.
Matthew Toffolo: What motivated you to make this film?
Jonathan Levy: This was my first, so part of it was just wanting to make a film. I’m surrounded by great actors many of whom are also friends and wanted to make something with them.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you
to make this short?
It took 9 months.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Believing I could actually get a crew and production in order in New York City, where everything is complicated!
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking
about your film in the feedback video?
I actually found it really uplifting and strangely encouraging, and incredibly diverse. Everyone highlighted different moments, but there were also so agreed upon favorite parts which is actually really helpful for my future work and things to keep leaning into.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. How did you come up with the idea for this short film?
I was hanging out at Nick(the actor who plays Nate) and he had to leave me and some friends at his apartment while he went on a wild tour of NYC for a night of dog sitting, feeding and walking and I thought it would make for a fun story.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings
of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
Very easy to use and I would imagine saves days if not weeks of my life in a more manual method or on a less organized site. A little expensive, but otherwise I like it.
9. What song have you listened to the most times in your life?
“Burned” by Buffalo Springfield
10. What is next for you? A new film?
Yes, I’m working on a weed horror film.
Reblogged this on WILDsound Festival.