19 was the winner of BEST FILM at the May 2020 Female Film Festival.
Matthew Toffolo: What motivated you to make this film?
Marina Ziolkowski: I wanted to talk about how psychological violence can lead to physical violence
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
It took 6 months and I was 8 months pregnant when we shot!
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Finding amazing actors
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Happy, grateful, touched, moved, relieved
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. How did you come up with the idea for this short film?
Talking all night with my producer
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Some like it hot
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
9. What song have you listened to the most times in your life?
The Beatles I think ! One song is just impossible!
10. What is next for you? A new film?
Yes a new short film, a comedy this time! Before starting my feature!