Taobh Le Taobh played to rave reviews at the February 2020 DOCUMENTARY Short Film Festival in Toronto.
Matthew Toffolo: What motivated you to make this film?
Kev L. Smith: My next door neighbor, is the artist you see in this film & I really wanted to show what inspired him to create his artworks.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Finding the time to get it finished
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
It was cool to see how people interpreted the ideas we worked on in the film.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. How did you come up with the idea for this short film?
I wanted to try & represent how a landscape inspires an artist to create his work .
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Litmus – It is a surf film by Adrew Kindfilm – http://www.andrewkidman.com/film/litmus-1996/
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
It is a very convenient way to show finished work.
9. What song have you listened to the most times in your life?
Pale blue eyes – The velvet underground
10. What is next for you? A new film?
I am currently working on a photo book based on a project I did for a year in 2018 , where I took a picture of the same view of the cliffs of moher for a year. – http://www.kevlsmith.com/daily-cliffs
Reblogged this on WILDsound Festival.