Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Susan Boger: A genetically modified cornfield is irrigated with contaminated radioactive river water. After a severe storm, corn creatures hatch, simultaneously the town is engulfed in marijuana smoke. The corn creatures run amuck attacking and terrorizing the town people. Two teenagers through a series of comical events try to figure out how to restore peace in their town.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Sci-Fi horror comedy
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
More people are aware of the potential problems of eating genetically modified foods. This an entertaining and comical approach to give more information about genetically engineered foods. And it gives some knowledge of why one should be careful of what one eats.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
7. How many stories have you written?
8. What is your favorite song?
I don’t really have one favorite song, but I love Reinga Carter’s version of “Ain’t Nobody.”
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
The biggest obstacle was learning formatting along with improved dialogue.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
I am passionate about my family, encouraging my children and grandchildren to follow their dreams. And to set challenges with realistic goals for myself.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has your experience working with the submission platform site?
The site is easy to work with. It shows all the various contests, information about the contests, and the deadlines. It is easy to check on the status of my submissions.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
What influenced me the most was it was a festival for fantasy and sci-fi. The initial feedback was terrific. I was thrilled and encouraged by the reader’s feedback.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
Considered irresponsible and having a vivid imagination, a smart teenage stoner/hacker gains respect from his family when he saves his town engulfed in marijuana smoke from mutant killer corn creatures.
Anchorman: Kaleb Alexander
Narrator: Carina Cojeen
Devin: Nikolai Afanasev
Rick: Peter Mark Raphael