Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Sara F. Hathaway: Featuring Erika Moore, The Changing Earth Series, presents a legendary story of a survivor of the Great Quake attempting to navigate a world torn apart by a series of natural disasters
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
This screenplay would make an epic TV series that follows the riveting stories of the earth’s inhabitants as the changing planet tests their ability to adapt. Viewers will be drawn into the drama as it unfolds in a series of must-see adventures.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
The screenplay is a scene from the novel, Day After Disaster, book one in the Changing Earth Series. It took me eight years to write the book. The screenplay was adapted from it so it took me about a day to do.
7. How many stories have you written?
I am the author of eight novels. Seven of them make up The Changing Earth Series and the other story the life story of one of the villains, TJ Swenson, from the novel series. Also, I have written a full pilot for The Changing Earth TV series.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Radioactive by Imagine Dragons
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
The most challenging part was making the scene fit on one page.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Martial arts and women’s self-defense are another passion of mine. As a third-degree in Taekwondo and a practitioner of Jujitsu, I take great pride in helping others learn that they are capable of protecting themselves.
Natural disaster preparedness is another facet of my life that I take great pride in teaching others. Ensuring individuals have the knowledge and gear to protect themselves and their families during any disaster gives me a priceless feeling of purpose.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
Working with FilmFreeway has been a great experience. The narration of the story was adequate. The actors voicing as the characters did a fantastic job. I wish the narrator wouldn’t have stumbled over some of the words as much as he did. However, overall it has been an outstanding experience.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
The festival can help to fulfill the dream I have of seeing The Changing Earth series played out as a TV drama, so I felt compelled to enter.