Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Paul Root: A guy with no direction in life, losing the only person he thinks he has, and coming to terms with that. Learning to trust in ones self and others. Blah blah blah. It’s a coming of a age story
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Overall I would call it a “Dramedy”
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
It’s fun. It’s light. It’s honest. Its “Caprs-Esque,” which isn’t a bad thing
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Probably Uncle Buck
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
A little over a year
7. How many stories have you written?
Not many. This is only my second honest attempt at finishing something
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Depends on the day. I listened to Bob Seger “Shakedown,” Harold Faltermeyer “Fletch’s theme,” David Bowie “Young American,” a lot writing this
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Mostly myself. Creating obstacles that didn’t exist. “I can’t keep rewriting this,” or “I’ve done everything I can do.” I have rewritten once, and polished three times since submitting. Always room to improve
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
At heart I’m an actor. Sports. Food. Travel. Activism. I would love the opportunity to give back in so many ways. Working toward that goal.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
In terms of the submission very simple and straightforward
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
Thirty-something “ne’er do” well Cameron discovers his dear Grandmother, Peggy, has cancer, and not long to live. Not able to cope, Cameron hits rock bottom, until Peggy tells him if he completes a simple list, he stands to inherit a small fortune. After a chance meeting with the steel willed and wild Laura, Cameron is swept around the world, and finally having a life worth living…but will he accept it?
Narrator: Carina Cojeen
Cameron: Nikolai Afanasev
Peggy: Julie Sheppard