Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
James Zeankowski: Reporter Vera Reynolds of WBN News is investigating a sudden occurrence of immortality and makes a shocking discovery in the process that alters the course of humanity forever.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Supernatural Disaster, Faith based drama, Thriller
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
It is a story surrounding the theme of life and death that has never been told before.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Too many to name, but everything from the Disney and Star Wars franchises more than anything else.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
7. How many stories have you written?
4 scripts overall. 2 that I have the most faith in getting produced.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the
most times in your life?)
I’m very eclectic in my music tastes, but “Rooms on Fire” by Stevie Nicks definitely stands out.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
No obstacles in finishing my writing, just getting the right people in the industry to read them and love them as much as I do.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
I’m a pop culture guru as well as a news/current affairs/politics junkie. And since 2018, I’ve become more serious about my overall health to the point of regular fitness and better dieting. Though as a foodie, the latter part is difficult at times.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your
experiences working with the submission platform site?
A few lingering hiccups, but overall am grateful for the opportunities given to showcase my work.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings
on the initial feedback you received?
I was sought out by some LinkedIn connections, and the feedback has been positive overall. Once I have all materials I’m waiting for in my possession, I can better market myself to agents and producers.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
Red Team Producer – 1 – Sean Ballantyne
Susie – 4 – Andrea Irwin
NARRATION – Adrian Carter
Mayor Tibley – 11 – Sean Ballantyne
Doctor – 2 – Trevor Howes
Green Team Producer – 2 – Laura Afelskie