ELI was the winner of BEST FILM at the June LA Feedback Film Festival.
Matthew Toffolo: What motivated you to make this film?
Colin Gerrard: I believe it has a timeless appeal coming from the moment we all make a decision regarding our own motives, without thinking of the consequences for others.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
Survival & Equality
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Having the right cast.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Wonderful. Feedback from people who have just seen your work, whether it be constructive or critical, is always helpful in my eyes. Especially when its immediately after they have just viewed the film…then its real and from the heart.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. How did you come up with the idea for this short film?
A friend of mine brought up the original story to my attention. After getting the rights to film it, we went about updating the story to a point we felt that it was more in keeping with current attitudes in society today…although in retrospect, not much ever changes as human beings have the worst track record when it comes to learning from history.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
Great. They have streamlined the process to a point that its just the click of a button, after the initial setup of your film on their site.
9. What song have you listened to the most times in your life?
10cc’s ‘I’m Not In Love’
10. What is next for you? A new film?
I have 2 new shorts in the works as well as working on a new script for a series.