Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Patrick Langille: A young wannabe writer with no motivation in his life discovers he is being targeted by people believing him to be a reincarnation of a famous author that rubbed some the wrong way. He has to answer for a crime he doesn’t believe he committed in a life he believes he never lived.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Comedy, drama with some fantasy elements.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
I don’t think there are many revenge movies that involve reincarnation at least to this extent and it could be a lot of fun to have a movie as absurd as it is for people to see.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Hot Fuzz was probably the most I watched in high school. It also helped me learn more about story and writing.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
About a year.
7. How many stories have you written?
In scripts including shorts and full length, 20 or so.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
That’s a tough one. Not exactly a favorite but when one of my sisters was obsessed with the movie Night at the Roxbury she would make me recreate the head bopping in the car to the song What is Love by Haddaway.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
The flashback scenes. I needed to show the relationships these characters had and how they grew to be enemies. Their friendship had to be believable and that was tricky to do.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Very much filmmaking and photography.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
For the most part it has been the easiest way submitting to festivals. I don’t recall any issues with payment and delivery.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
When a story only fits in one particular genre or multiple genres it can be difficult for some festivals to judge so I’m glad festivals like this exist to give scripts that might get passed on by other festivals a chance. The feedback was very helpful and showed that I had improved from previous scripts I have tried writing.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
Joshua, a high school senior is in danger of not graduating, must complete an assignment on a historical figure. While doing so he meets a mysterious girl claiming to be his wife from a past life; the wife of the historical figure he’s researching. To make things stranger his little school project seems to have attracted other oddballs believing him to be a reincarnation and wanting revenge for his past misdeeds.
Roger: Neil Bennett
Narration: Melie B Rondeau
Joshua: Colin Sandquist
Mr. Sinclair: Shawn Devlin
A FilmFreeway preferred festival:
Reblogged this on WILDsound Festival.