Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
I’m not going to choose black nor will I choose white because I’m a human being and that’s all that matters and all lives matter. The love I have for human progress is more than the hate I have for human hatred. I fight for all and not for one and I’d fight for one to save all. I’m not concerned about life because I considered fighting for lives and I am. Human progress for black lives is progress for all lives. The human race depends on all to progress and not some. Those who hate are dead to themselves but those who love are alive to themselves and others because the room for racist behaviourism has evacuated the heart and others are respected as humans beings rather than colored beings. The script ‘BLACK LIVES MATTER’ is about human progress and that for all rather than some! I don’t believe in black power! I believe in human power! I believe in human progress! I believe in progress for all and all should!
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
‘BLACK LIVES MATTER’ should be made into a movie because it is in support of human progress for all rather than some. That is the right human call. Kindness and gentleness for all and without such the human race is dead alive.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
‘LONG WALK TO FREEDOM’.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
About a year.
7. How many stories have you written?
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the
most times in your life?)
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
I haven’t finished yet and so far I have no obstacles but one I’m trying to solve being human progress for all.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Writing is a strength of mine linked to the passion I have for film making.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your
experiences working with the submission platform site?
I love the site. I’ve had no problem whatsoever. I don’t imagine problems in the future because of it’s professionalism.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings
on the initial feedback you received?
The festival was always conspicuous to me but the professionalism I heard about it from others influenced me more. I had no bad feelings about the feedback I received. I was glad because I knew its professionalism.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
Logline : “Los Angeles, 1992: An eminent police department commissioner resolves to purging his deputy commissioner after passion manifestation become inevitable between him and his deputy’s spouse.”
Genre : Thriller
Crystal King: Erica Levene
Daryl Gates: Isaiah Kolundzic
Narration: Esther Thibault
Dr. Ethan Harris: Charles Gordon
Rodney G. King: Gabriel Darku
Report Presenter: Julie Sheppard