Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Robert Tartell: Hard-Hearted Hannah: A rookie detective, sent on a routine hotel skip case, find himself instead up against a diabolical serial killer with a grudge against the Eight Air Force, holding their 25th reunion there. Can he stop him before he kills again…and again?
Funny Boneyard: A young entrepreneur, fresh out of a job but full of ideas, turns an overgrown hill property he has inherited into a Cemetery of the Absurd. To everyone’s surprise, he makes a killing- but then things go horribly wrong.
2. Genres: Hard-Hearted Hannah: Drama, War, Historical.
Funny Boneyard: Comedy
3.Why should these be made into movies?
a. Each is uniquely original, thought-provoking, well-written, and of appeal to a broad audience.
4. How would you describe your scripts in two words?
Hard-Hearted Hannah: War’s cost.
Funny Boneyard: Funereally Funny
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
The Third Man
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
Hannah 6 months, Boneyard 3 months.
7. How many stories have you written?
Four feature-length screenplays, Five short screenplays, several short stories.
8. What is your favorite song?
Desafinado (and Bossa Nova in general)
9. What obstacles did you face in finishing this screenplay?
For Hard-hearted Hannah, researching WWII and Eighth Air Force military/historical details . For Funny Boneyard, none- once the original idea hit, the screenplay naturally flowed.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
I enjoy photography, especially abstract subjects, and a variety of crafts, lately jewelry making. I have always loved aviation, flew ultralights, and have an aircraft design I’d like to make (if my wife wouldn’t leave me.)
11. Re Film Freeway what has been your experience working with the submission platform site?
It seems user-friendly- no complaints so far.
12. What interested you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I am interested in anything that will help bring my work to the screen. Feedback, positive or negative is always welcome.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
A rookie detective, assigned to a routine hotel skip case, instead finds himself pitted against a diabolical serial killer with a grudge against the Eighth Air Force. Can he stop him before he kills again…and again?
Genre: Thriller, Crime
Smith (f) – 7 – Jen Daniels
Lewis – 9 – Ron Boyd
NARRATION – Brittany Clough
Brown – 22 – Hugh Ritchie
Jill – 10 – Anne McMaster
Cole – 2 – Rhys Harrison