EMERGENCY PSYCHIATRIST SERVICE was the winner of best TV PILOT at the October 2018 Television Festival.
Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Holly Scarabosio: It is about a young psychiatric nurse Helena, who just started working at Emergency Psychiatric Service, a locked mental health ward. She has a history of having strange thing happen when she gets too involved. Both the staff and patients very from homeless millionaires,second chance psychopath and staff with murdering tendencies.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
TV Series 1 hour drama.
3. How would you describe this script in two words?
Compelling and Relivent!
4. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
It’s a Wonderful Life.
5. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
6. How many stories have you written?
7. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
What a Wonderful World.
8. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
I had to learn how to write a script by learning Final Draft 10. I had to find industry professionals to help me, join industry organizations like WGA,Ink Tip,Black List enter contests for exposure and copy write my work. But the biggest obstacle was to over come my fear and write the truth, relive my past experience as a psychiatric nurse then let go of the out come.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
I have been a register nurse for 30 years, 15 of which I worked in mental health. I am passionate about care for and educating people. I volunteer at an elementary school help children with social interaction and reading.
10. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
So far, I have won a gold award, 2 quarterfinalist and currently am in the running as a semi finalist for Script Writer Contest. I think Film Freeway is a great avenue for writers.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I thought the festival sounded reputable. I was truly shocked that I won a Table Read. Also the feedback was very kind, generous and supportive.
Watch the Winning Screenplay Reading:
Psychiatric nurse Helena moves from Milwaukee to San Francisco to take a new job — accompanied by her fiancé Jake. They plan to start a new life together — she as a psychiatric nurse at a prominent EPS—Emergency Psychiatric Services; he as a computer tech and would-be writer. Plans don’t always work out.
Gayton: Peter Mark Raphael
Samantha: Monica Knox
Jake: Isaiah Kolundzic
Narrator: Esther Thibault
Helena: Victoria Urquart
Pearl: Norma Dunphy
Murphy: Dan Cristofori