Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Iannis Aliferis: It is the story of a bored and jaded female private-eye, who takes on another seemingly open and shut case of infidelity, only to put herself in grave danger when it turns out that the cheating spouse is in fact a professional killer.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
It falls under the genres of film noir, thriller and action.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
I believe that film noir is a neglected genre in today’s cinema, and one with a lot of scope and opportunity. I also believe that the main character provides a female actor with a terrific role and opportunity to shine. Finally, I am also of the belief that it will give the world, in Samantha Rutledge, a female private eye on par with Sam Spade and Philip Marlowe.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
Intense and unconventional.
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
The Big Lebowski.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
A couple of years, on and off.
7. How many stories have you written?
I have written 12 feature screenplays and 14 short screenplays.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the
most times in your life?)
La Tortura by Shakira.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
The biggest challenge was to reach an emotional crescendo in the finale that felt real and pure, and to marry that together with the thrilling and violent elements that brought the story to its conclusion.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
I am passionate about acting and directing too. Oh and chocolate.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your
experiences working with the submission platform site?
FilmFreeway is an easy to use and helpful platform and it has made life a lot better since its inception. I cannot speak highly enough of it and would recommend it to any fellow filmmaker I come in contact with.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings
on the initial feedback you received?
As a writer and filmmaker, it is important to get your writing and work out there for people to view, and this festival looked like a good opportunity for that. The initial feedback has been largely positive and this has been a good experience.
It is the story of a bored and jaded female private-eye, who takes on another seemingly open and shut case of infidelity, only to put herself in grave danger when it turns out that the cheating spouse is in fact a professional killer.
Genre: Crime, Thriller.
Type: Feature Screenplay.
Samantha: Mandy May Cheetham
Narrator: Adrian Currie
Henry: John Leung
Waitress: Anjelica Alejandro
Reblogged this on WILDsound Festival.