Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Agnese Pagliarani: Hello, Thank you very much for the opportunity you gave me. Well, the script is the adaptation of a book i loved, “To Hell And Back” by Audie Murphy, where he wrote his experience in the US Army during WWII , but also about his friends and i wanted to adapt the book making a choral movie rather than one with only a protagonist.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
War and Drama
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
is an intimate story about the cruelty of war through the eyes of one of the most known soldiers in USA and about the transistion from adolescence to adulthood, and i think people would love the charachters.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
“The Shining” and “Psycho”
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
7. How many stories have you written?
i wrote the pilot for a horror tv show, a short story for an Italian collection of novels, a lot of fanfiction and then this. I’m going to write another possible tv show.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
“One” By Metallica and, now you’ll laugh, “To Hell And Back” by Sabaton: is with this last song that i got curious to read the book (and watch the first movie)
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
i had to cut a lot of scenes that seemed to me that were useless.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
reading, but also go out for walk, swimming and travel.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
I really like Filmfreeway, to me is an alternative way to get publicity and make know my works.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
i am always opened to feedback to see what i could correct, and with you i corrected a lot.
second adaptation of the book “To Hell and Back” by Audie Murphy, the film is the chronicle of a group of infantry soldiers during the campaigns of Italy and southern France in the World War II
Genre: Biography, Drama, History, War,
Ellridge: Kevin Gabel
Narrator: Ariel Brooker
Audie: Hartley O. Gyamfi
Bergman: Allen Michael Brunet