TEMPORARY played to rave reviews at the August 2018 Los Angeles FEEDBACK Film Festival.
Matthew Toffolo: What motivated you to make this film?
Aaron Seever: I wanted to write something for me and my friend Shelly (actress) to work on together as well as share this gorgeous setting with the world.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
18 months for the first edit, 4 years til the current one screened here.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Shooting on location with a very small budget and crew.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I felt pride with how the audience related to the story and the characters. It touched my heart.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. How did you come up with the idea for this short film?
I wanted to write a love story that didnt last forever. Just one that was unbelievably good but fleeting. I think that is more realistic to life.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Good Will Hunting
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
Its very easy to submit to many festivals. I actually think it might be better if it was a little more involved to submit films to festivals.
10. What is next for you? A new film?
I have a short comedy in the festival circuit now called The Secret Lives of Teachers as well as another film way out of my comfort zone still in production. A gore/romance called Finally, You.
Interviewer Matthew Toffolo is currently the CEO of the WILDsound FEEDBACK Film & Writing Festival. The festival that showcases 20-50 screenplay and story readings performed by professional actors every single month. And the FEEDBACK Monthly Festival held in downtown Toronto, and Los Angeles at least 3 times a month. Go to http://www.wildsoundfestival.com for more information and to submit your work to the festival.