Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Jay Strong: About 25 minutes long… it’s about a couple finally making a personal connection to their new community.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a TV SHOW?
Because it’s a clever take on a familiar story and a loving twist on a set of familiar characters.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Impossible to say, I love the movies I love, but I love even more discovering new ones I’ve never seen before.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
This one was quick, maybe a month total, though the idea percolated for over a year after a casual conversation with friends who were also fans of Green Acres.
7. How many stories have you written?
Hard to say, I started writing in earnest in grade school. Maybe two dozen short pieces (stories, sketches, short plays), two novels, ten full length screenplays (on my own or in collaboration), two tv pilots (with pitches and subsequent episode outlines), three stage plays, one musical, and over thirty years worth of stand-up material,
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Monkey in Your Soul – Steely Dan. And pretty much everything else by them.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Full time job, consulting on a cabaret show, running a weekend writing workshop, and the death of my last parent.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Rewriting, performing, directing, editing, photography, sex, laughing.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
So far so good.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I had written very little of what could be called fan fiction (one of my screenplays spun out of my love for the Man from UNCLE) and was looking for somewhere to submit thi
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
Oliver and Lisa deal with the Ziffels shooting a porno in their barn.
Narrator: Allison Kampf
Oliver (M): Bill Poulin
Eb (M): Scott Beaudin
Lisa (F): Alicia Payne