Holly Voges’ short film FELL played to rave reviews at the November 2017 FEMALE FEEDBACK Film Festival.
What motivated you to make this film?
– My creative partner and I are currently adapting a novel. In working on that project we wanted to create something in the meantime. FELL is a story within the novel that we really gravitated towards.
From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
– It took us 4 months.
How would you describe your short film in two words!?
– “Feral Fairy-tale”
What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
– Finding puppies, and making sure the kids ADR was understandable.
What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
– Delighted! What wonderful insights. Clearly the film is a little cryptic, so it was enlightening to hear the interpretations.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
How did you come up with the idea for this short film?
– The film is a story told within the novel we are currently adapting that we couldn’t fit in the larger adaptation. But we really loved this powerful, little tale and we were looking to make a short film, so we pulled it out, changed a few things and made it into it’s own piece.
What film have you seen the most in your life?
– Star Wars
You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the new(ish) submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
– Easy enough. Nicely streamlined.
What song have you listened to the most times in your life?
– Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd
What is next for you? A new film?
– YES! We are in post on our latest short and continue to work on the feature adaptation.