BUT YOU LOOK SO GOOD played to rave reviews at the August 2019 Female Film Festival in Toronto.
Matthew Toffolo: What motivated you to make this film?
Marina Ziolkowski: My own story was the starting point. I thought it was important to talk about the loneliness and frustration that people with invisible illness experience.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
I started to write in September 2018 and finished the post production in March 2019 so 7 months!
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
Unusual – necessary
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
The editing ! Switching from “the dream” moments to reality and make it work!
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was happy that people understood exactly what I wanted to say! It’s not easy and they understood the message! I’m very grateful for this video.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. How did you come up with the idea for this short film?
Like I said before my own story was the starting point. I thought it was important to talk about the loneliness and frustration that people with invisible illness experience.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Some like it hot » Billy Wilder, It was my favorite film as a kid!
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
My producer sent it… But I think it’s great!
9. What song have you listened to the most times in your life?
I have too many! Sorry I can’t!
10. What is next for you? A new film?
I just finished my new short film and I hope it will do a lot of festivals like this one!
And I’m starting to write the feature !!!!