SPOT THE INDIFFERENCE was the winner of BEST PERFORMANCES at the May 2022 Toronto COMEDY Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I have many ideas but this one had a good reaction from a few people pitch my ideas to.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
It would have been as short as three months but after filming I was really busy with client work so I had to put it on hold. It ended up being 6 months.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Finding a location. Covid made this harder.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Impressed with the detailed analysis and how they really picked up on the nuances of the film. Naturally it was lovely to hear such nice comments, but when feedback is qualified it makes it more valuable.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
In 2012 I wrote a script (The Widow) and wanted to find someone to direct it. I didn’t know anyone so set about learning myself.I hadn’t written anything since school (many decades before). Because I couldn’t get the plot out of my head I had to make it. It was then that I realIsed I was hooked on filmmaking.
Here’s a link https://youtu.be/TIwpdyAN9jc
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
This is a great question. It’s kind of like asking what is your favourite film which is difficult to say. But Snatch it’s between Snatch and Gladiator.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
It would be great to make contacts where I could either collaborate or work as a writer or director for other projects. Basically networking and promotion of work would be amazing.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
I’ve always been a fan of FilmFreeway. It’s a easy to use platform with enough information to help you decide which festival to submit to.
10. What is your favorite meal?
🤣 that seems a bit random but I love Sushi!
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I have many short film ideas in comedy and horror that I hope make soon, but I’ve two feature film ideas that I’d also love to make.