ENTER THE MOLLUSK was the winner of BEST FILM at the May 2022 Toronto COMEDY Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
Answer: I like dark comedies, I like poking fun at performers/actors/storytellers. I couldn’t find a film that combined the two, so I wrote one.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
Answer: six months.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
Answer: not bad.
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
Answer: When I was about 10, a friend of mine and I made some bad short films on a handheld film camera. When I heard one could actually get paid for stuff like that, I was hooked. My friend, Charles Bryan, is also a filmmaker now. I don’t think either one of us has ever gotten paid for creating a film, though.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Answer: The Great Race, with Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis. It’s the last, truly epic, ensemble comedy.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Answer: No idea.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Answer: they take money very easily.
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is next for you? A new film?