LOVE LETTER TO THE PAST was the winner of BEST FASHION Film at the March 2022 EXPERIMENTAL, FASHION, STYLE Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
The input came from Adrian – the fashion designer who made the AP Milan “LOVE LETTER TO THE PAST” collection, which was all about heritage and tradition.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
About one month, if I don’t count the coronavirus restriction prolongs, when we had to postpone the shoot because of the canceled flights.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
Old school/New school
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
I would say logistics. We were shooting in the Czech Republic. Adrian was in Italy, waiting for fabric, which was stuck in a different country due to covid. So it was very unclear until the last moment if we would have all the garments ready to shoot the film.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
My heart melted. It was so nice to see how the audience was excited about the film.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
In the kindergarten when the first Shrek movie came out. Some girls want to be princesses – I wanted to be a film director.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
That must be something from Quentin Tarantino. I would say Death Proof.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I enjoy getting feedback. That made me really happy about your film festival. It helps me to understand the audience and to communicate my vision better in the next project. Overall, even if the film is not selected, it is nice at least to hear back.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Very good. I find the platform easy to use and everything is very intuitive there. I am glad that almost all the film festivals are there at one place.
10. What is your favorite meal?
I love food, I can eat everything. My favorite cuisine would be Italian and Japanese. Even though I am craving a Salmon Poke bowl right now.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Yes! I am working on a short surrealistic drama called “Forbidden” written by Enni Red at the moment. I hope we will be filming this Autumn. You can follow the progress at http://www.charlottevackova.com