PARADISIAC was the winner of BEST FILM at the April 2022 ENVIRONMENTAL Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
A personal family story & a huge taste for freedom in my life.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
1 week writing & finding the right place
5 days preparing the shooting
1 day shooting
1 week for editing
20 days for composing/recording/mixing the music/film/voice over
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
Freedom – Nature
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Equilibrium between image/voice over/music
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Very touched. People received well the message around innocence/freedom/beauty of nature & life. That was my main goal and now they amplify it for themselves & around their own family. I’m full of gratitude.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I’m first of all a film composer & works for personal projects (studio/live) since 25 years now.
This film is my very first one as director. I had one day a vision about a story and get the chance to turn this into reality.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Honestly, I’m not looking for a personal career as a filmmaker. I don’t have any plan.
I’m just so happy that the movie travels for me now.
I’m playing & composing a lot of music everyday, inspired by beautiful landscapes.
As an artist, you look for silence & great life experience. These things can help you to create a message of freedom, peace & respect for nature. So I’m very grateful if you want to spread this message further…you are welcome, thank you!
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Just great and very surprising by its efficiency.
In one month, this short film received 4 awards and 4 official selections. What a gift!
10. What is your favorite meal?
A lot of vegetables & peace of fish
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I’m currently working on a TV live concert (audio+video).
This live performance was played with my band in collaboration with the great drummer, Manu Katché (Sting & Peter Gabriel).