I’M NOT CHRIS HEMSWORTH played to rave reviews at the May 2022 LGBTQ+ Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
A bunch of years ago I was mistaken for Chris Hemsworth. It was as ridiculous as my film, lol.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
Oh gosh, I started noodling the idea in 2019 and completed my first draft in March of that year. The next year or so was a lot of doing a little work on it and then putting it away for a bit. After the pandemic started I got the script to a place I was ready to move into fundraising and preproduction. In September of 2020 I raised the the money through Seed & Spark. We were supposed to shoot in December of 2020 but because of Covid we pushed to film in 2021. Post Production was not completed until July 2021. As everyone on the film has day jobs, this was a labor of love that we had to carve out time in our personal lives to complete.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Trusting other people with your vision. And asking people for money to fund the film!
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
OMG, so happy. It was great to hear that it was well received and that it made people laugh. Really appreciated that people appreciated some of the smaller details like the puppet and the ducks. But really, I’m just glad it made people smile!
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I’ve had various roles in the film industry prior to this (Production, Development, Casting, Manager, SFX, Marketing), but it wasn’t until I wrote this film that I felt the calling to direct.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Sandy Bullock Rom Coms: she’s a national treasure! In particular, “Miss Congeniatly” and “The Proposal”. I love cheesy rom coms. I also watch “The West Wing” and “Buffy” regularly.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Introduces filmmakers to industry execs for mentoring sessions that could possible move their career to the next stage.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Pretty straight forward. FF made life so much easier.
10. What is your favorite meal?
Bacon Cheeseburger, medium rare, with fries!
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I now have a writing partner. We are working on a feature rom com set around halloween as well as a pilot based on the Peggy character from “I’m Not Chris Hemsworth”.