LOST PEOPLE was the winner of BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY at the May 2022 Science & Nature Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this movie?
– At the beginning of the various problems that I observed in my environment, there were problems arising from addiction. I saw this issue and problem as my own responsibility. My biggest motivation was to explain this subject in a different and striking way and to make my voice heard to large masses.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this movie?
-Actually, this idea has been on my mind since middle school, but it took me 1 month to write the script; The shooting and editing process took 1 month at various intervals due to school.
3. How would you describe your movie in two words?
-A very vocal pantomime
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced while completing this movie?
– While preparing for the university exam, trying to think about the movie and taking on all the roles behind the camera was one of the things that challenged me the most.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your movie in the feedback video?
-It was an incredible experience for me. Imagine shooting a short film with a 17-year-old camera and audiences from all over the world watching and commenting on your film. Moreover, even if you are not an educated person, they get the best Cinematography award and find your film technically successful. It will remain an unforgettable moment in my career.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize you wanted to make a movie?
-There is not a moment when I can say that I fully understand, but when I buy something with a lens in my hand, I can say that I feel good and this pushes me to make films.
7. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
-Probably La Haine
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
– Maybe more photos can be sent about the festival
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
– I think everything is in its place and beautiful
10. What is your favorite meal?
– I can say lahmacun, which is unique to the Turkish region.
11. What’s next for you? A new movie?
-I have many scenarios and ideas in my head. I am aware that I have a long road ahead of me and I have no intention of giving up transferring my ideas to the big screen. I look forward to the future.