GHOSTS THAT CRY IN THE DARK was the winner of BEST DIRECTION at the April 2022 ACTION/ADVENTURE Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I’m over the usual hero being American-sorry-and English. And the under dog, and lastly, to highlight the cost of war.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
First thought of character 2015. Started out as a book in a writing course in France 2017, and entered festivals late 2018
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Crew. My learning curve.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
TEARS, AND THINKING-Finally some people who get it!
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
Always been an actor, but never got the chance to play a character I wanted to play, so I wrote, acted, directed, produced, and composed it myself.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Gallipoli with Mel Gibson. (My father is the camel driver)….it has dated well.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! I have NEVER experienced this kind of attention to communication, feedback, and centering around the positive, to assure we come away knowing that although we can always learn, we still can be rewarded for our efforts.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Filmfreeway has been a FANTASTIC platform. Could not have done any of this without it. HIGH PRAISE to them!
10. What is your favorite meal?
hmmm….My sisters roast chicken…woops, are we allowed to say roast chicken in this day and age?…poor chooky….
11. What is next for you? A new film?
As above. The end story to Ghosts (Although new title). I want to raise the bar on this one!