A WITCHERS TALE was the winner of BEST FANTASY FILM at the April 2022 SCI-FI/FANTASY Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I wanted to tell a deep story about a character who lost so much during his life that he’s now almost emotionless, but still trying to make the things he thinks are right, without regarding the good maners or any social maners, just be effective to go straight to the goal.
The Witcher Lore was really appropriate for me, because of his really deep univers, full of comparisons with our society. It’s also a world more easy to create with a low budget due to his modernity/complexity through war, political issues, monsters, and all the different races.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
The complete process last 1 year and 6month.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
Effective and fluid.
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
The shooting was a big challenging part, because we had only 14 days to shoot. And all the sets were outdoor or indoor in 3 differents castles, we had no studio. We started sometimes at 10 a.m to shoot indoor to finish at 1 a.m in the forest of the castle where we started. But thanks to this really welded team i had, it was such great moments !
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Waouh !! It’s so nice and really great comments that felt so good ! I was really affected by those kind words and the recognition of our work !
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
At the age of 15, when i saw the movies from Charlie Chaplin. I was really impacted by the power of the emotion of his acting game, and the depth of his stories.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?<.b>
City of Lights, Metropolis, Avatar, The Lord of the Rings, Fanfan the Tulip, OSS 117.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
A live screening, in France ? Maybe in Paris ? 😅
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Really nice, simple, easy, fluid.
10. What is your favorite meal?
A Thaïland dish : Fried Rice with vegetables and a egg.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
A film about near-death experience and a cape et épée (cloak and sword) film.