DINNER FOR TWO was the winner of BEST FILM at the April 2022 BLACK & WHITE Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I am always looking for a good story. The story is always the most important thing to me. When Maarten Cornelis came to me with this idea, I thought is was perfect to make a very personal film.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
I would say about 8 months. There were a number of changes in the edit.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
There was a blizzard toward the end of the shoot. We were trying to get last few shots in. Once we were done it took 6 harrowing hours to travel what should have taken one hour.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
It was a great feeling to see people’s reactions. I don’t really like seeing people watch my movies. So this was a thrill to hear people give so many compliments.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I always loved movies. I used to go to the theater 3 times a week. I was doing photography. Mostly doing MMA and kickboxing. I had had opportunity to be the photographer on a movie shoot and I was hooked.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
That’s a tough question. There are movies I have seen hundreds of times. Probably the most are Silver Linings Playbook and The Hateful Eight.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
It is always tough to get distribution for short films. Features are easier to get distribution for. Any help with that would be great.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
FilmFreeway has always been good.
10. What is your favorite meal?
There are so many. Depends on the day.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Working on a new short and a few feature ideas.