WHISTLE, AND I’LL COME TO YOU was the winner of BEST FEATURE FILM at the April 2022 BLACK & WHITE Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I am raptured by Montague R. James’ ghost tales and I wanted to see one of his tales on screen and share it with an audience! And this particular one has always been my very favorite 🙂
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you make the film?
I started writing the screenplay the day after a party for my second film, because I wanted to start right away a new film and couldn’t wait. It was December 17th 2017, I then finished the film on September 2021.
to make this film?
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Finding the right composer for the soundtrack. I was dreaming of something classic, orchestral, but with a ’80/’90s movies vibe, and wanted to find the right person.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I never would have dreamed of feeling what I felt and it was one of the MOST ASTOUNDING AND MOVING MOMENTS OF MY LIFE.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
When I was 27 I was reading “The undomestic goddess” by British writer Sophie Kinsella, and I said “That would be a great movie”, so I started writing the screenplay and then made the film. It all began there. 🙂
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Uhh..!! Pride and prejudice, Dirty dancing, Doctor Dolittle from 1968, The Little Shop of Horrors, Goonies, My fair lady, Bedknobs and broomsticks. These ones, ahah! 😀
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
It feels so unreal and dreamy and so utterly special to be entering the Festivals’ world that I.. I don’t know, it all feels sublime as it is!
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
It has been and is still a rollercoaster of emotions, I feel in my world, I feel like I am communicating with dear, lovely people who have my same interests and passions and that is priceless and motivating, delightful! 🙂
10. What is your favorite meal?
I love breakfast and afternoon tea.. Tea and cake! 😀
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I have a list!!!!!! I must choose one and start again.. forever!!! 😀