To and From “Terminal 1, Letter A” Web Series was the winner of FUNNIEST FILM at the LA Feedback Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I got the idea for To And From when a friend and I took a trip across town to see a play. Our first ride was very awkward and uncomfortable, but our second ride, hours later, was really fun. So, I thought to myself: “Could we tell stories with just two rides side by side?” That was the beginning of To And From. The exact idea for “Terminal 1, Letter A” was based off an experience my mother had when visiting LA when she missed her flight at LAX.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
About a year.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
My co-executive producers actually pulled out two months before shooting, leaving me alone. But luckily I had such a great team already on board that filming went very smoothly.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I felt so proud! And excited that they got it.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
A few years ago. I’ve always been a writer, but becoming a producer was surprising. It’s a catch-22, because you get to be in charge, but then you are in charge of everything. It’s nice though–to discover that I’m good at it.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Star Wars, probably.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Help with social media promotion and/or YouTube subscribers would be helpful, too.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
10. What is your favorite meal?
Anything with French Fries!
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I’m in pre-production for the next episode of To And From which we will probably film at the end of the summer.